Life is Often Too Seriously Taken, so for that reason, I'm going to post a silly poem from time-to-time. These first several will each be taken from a small booklet entitled, Lighten Up! 100 Funny Little Poems, compiled and edited by Bruce Lansky.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Just Perhaps...

I'd thought it might be time for a Trade.
To trade in Winter for Spring.
But just then I noticed a small little thing -
Like song of a bird, a butterfly wing,
green sprout from a bed, bud on a twig...
and it seems the decision's been made.


What a relief! It's not up to me.
I can simply enjoy "being out."
Walking, and raking, playing the scout -
A tiny brown snake gliding about,
sunken mole hill, a bee-proclaimed tout...
Now 'tis the season of sweet mystery!



And then some...

Tantamount to being not lazy,
I fantasize having a snooze -
a gentle sway, shady glen, wanting to choose
a rocking-forth, read-a-book hammock-for-use..
Hand-knotted, cotton rope, got enough clues?
but 'scuse me, this vision's not hazy!

(check out my "wish list!") ;-)

With a Little Disjointed Happiness!

Speaking of happiness, speaking of glee -
Speaking of grandiose wishes...
I'm seeking the lovely, the truly fantastic,
extraordinarily wonderful --- swishes!
of color and texture; size, shape, and other...
whatever may e'er soon appear.
Perhaps softly diminutive, sweetly compliant -
dimpled with stripes, spots and more.
Seeking completeness, and - if you please -
Seeking...
more help with my dishes?

lol

Was that Shady? ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Hope there's a hammock in your not-too-distant future... Deb

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Deb,
You really made the rounds this a.m.! A hammock would be wonderful... who knows? :-)