Life is Often Too Seriously Taken, so for that reason, I'm going to post a silly poem from time-to-time. These first several will each be taken from a small booklet entitled, Lighten Up! 100 Funny Little Poems, compiled and edited by Bruce Lansky.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Update on the Garden Lady Sculptures

Oh! I did laugh when I opened an e-mail last night!

Three nearly completed garden ladies were looking at me, each with their creators!



I've spent a little time lately with Hazel Didt heir Veedin' (she still needs a pair of gloves), and
two scare-the-birds heads. These two heads are still "works-in-progress." Hopefully I can make one more next week.



I'm just now going to look for some wigs and a pair of pants for Harry Didt heir Veedin. After those errands, I'm going to help my friend N with her garden figure. She and I will be working on a body, arms and legs for her figure tonight.

We finished Mathilda Marie this evening. By 9:15 P.M. tonight, she was looking lovely. All she needs is a pair of little white gloves. :-)

For your information, all these Garden Ladies and friends have been invited to a Garden Party on Friday, May 7 in front of our local Civic Center. YOU will be invited to "Read all about it" after-the-fact. :-)


More to come...

2 comments:

Nutty Gnome said...

I'm still finding them a wee bit spooky, but I do now appreciate the work that's gone into making them! :)

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Liz, I understand... however, it's just for fun, and we'll each enjoy having a Gardener outdoors for "company" this summer! ;-) Are you sure you don't want a "Nutty Scare-the-birds" next to your new garden shed? Or near your pond?? ha!